This fact sheet was written by the Acquired Brain Injury Outreach Service (a Queensland Health service) for families and support workers of people who have acquired a brain injury.
The guide will take you through:
- What are disinhibited and inappropriate sexual behaviours?
- Why does disinhibited sexual behaviour happen?
- Decreased awareness
- Changes in communication skills
- Inability to express sexual needs
- Things to try
- Talk about behaviour
- Provide feedback about behaviour
- Manage the environment
- Provide supervision and structure
- Plan Ahead
- Things to do in the person’s home
- Addressing sexuality needs
- Extra Resources
You can download the pdf fact sheet What are inappropriate sexual behaviours? or simply view it below.