Online counselling menu
Note: Due to counsellor availability Living Well is unable to offer live chat counselling for part of 2018. Please check back in November 2018. Until then, we are still offering email, phone and face to face counselling options. Thanks very much for your understanding.
Living Well offers live chat counselling as a safe and anonymous alternative to face-to-face services. Our live chat counselling service is provided using a text-based chat room, which is accessed via your browser and needs no prior installation.
This service is offered to men who have experienced sexual abuse or assault, as well as to their partners, family members and supporters.
Please note that Living Well is a service for residents of Australia. If you are seeking support from somewhere else in the world, please have a look at our page Worldwide Online Services.
How does it work?
Once you have decided that live chat counselling is right for you, this is what you can expect to happen:
- First you will need to fill out our online counselling intake form. Here you provide some information about your background and counselling needs. The information from this form will be sent to our admin worker, who will assign a counsellor to you.
- Your counsellor will then get back to you via email to introduce him or herself, and to arrange a date and time for your first counselling session.
- You will be provided a link to the web-based chat room, which you should log in to at the scheduled time.
- The first session will be focussed mostly on you and your counsellor getting to know each other. This session allows you to get a feel for the chat room, and allows your counsellor to get a broader understanding of your situation.
- Following sessions will then be scheduled as necessary.
Live Chat Counselling is closed
Please check back in November 2018. Our apologies for the inconvenience.