Living Well now offers live web based counselling as a safe and anonymous alternative to face-to-face services. Live Chat Counselling uses a text-based chat room, which is accessed via your browser and needs no prior installation. If you prefer to use video or voice chat, we also offer counselling via Skype.
Please note that Living Well is an Australian service. If you are seeking support from somewhere else in the world, please have a look at our page Worldwide Online Services.
Live Chat Counselling is available within the hours shown below (please note that the time zone is for Brisbane, e.g. add one hour for Sydney/Melbourne, etc). Appointments will be booked with your counsellor via email.
|Mondays||9:30am – 4:30pm|
|Tuesdays||3:00pm – 7:30pm|
|Wednesdays||9:30am – 4:30pm|
If none of these times suit you, please consider email counselling as a more flexible alternative.
What to expect
Once you have decided that live chat counselling is right for you, the following process will apply:
- First you will need to fill out our online counselling intake form. Here you provide some information around your background and counselling needs. The information from this form will be sent directly to your counsellor.
- Your counsellor will then get back to you via email to arrange a date and time for your first counselling session.
- You will be provided a link to the Blackboard Virtual Room, which you should log in to at the scheduled time.
- The first session will be focussed mostly on you and your counsellor getting to know each other; allowing you to get a feel for the Virtual Room, and your counsellor a chance to get a broader understanding of your situation.
- Following sessions will then be scheduled as necessary.