Online counselling menu
Living Well offers live chat counselling as a safe and anonymous alternative to face-to-face services. Live chat counselling uses a text-based chat room, which is accessed via your browser and needs no prior installation. If you prefer to use video or voice chat, we also offer counselling via Skype and telephone.
Please note that Living Well is a service for residents of Australia. If you are seeking support from somewhere else in the world, please have a look at our page Worldwide Online Services.
How does it work?
Once you have decided that live chat counselling is right for you, this is what you can expect to happen:
- First you will need to fill out our online counselling intake form. Here you provide some information about your background and counselling needs. The information from this form will be sent to our admin worker, who will assign a counsellor to you.
- Your counsellor will then get back to you via email to introduce him or herself, and to arrange a date and time for your first counselling session.
- You will be provided a link to the web-based chat room, which you should log in to at the scheduled time.
- The first session will be focussed mostly on you and your counsellor getting to know each other. This session allows you to get a feel for the chat room, and allows your counsellor to get a broader understanding of your situation.
- Following sessions will then be scheduled as necessary.