The Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse is one of four commissions or inquiries into sexual abuse and institutional failure recently undertaken in Australia. The Royal Commission focused on identifying things to be done in the future to prevent child sexual abuse, and to bring those who commit or cover up offences to account.
Final information update
Pada 12 November 2012 the then Prime Minister, Julia Gillard, announced that she would recommend to the Governor-General that a Royal Commission be appointed to inquire into institutional responses to child abuse. Pada 15 Disember 2017 the Royal Commission presented a final report to the Governor-General, detailing the culmination of a five year inquiry into institutional responses to child sexual abuse and related matters.
The final report is available on the Laman web Suruhanjaya Diraja. We ourselves will make more information available shortly.
Royal Commission links
- Lembaran fakta: Kuasa Suruhanjaya Diraja [ 53 kb]
- Penjelasan Plain Bahasa Inggeris Terma Rujukan [ 66 kb]
Duduk pertama Suruhanjaya Diraja
Suruhanjaya Diraja ke Responses Institusi untuk Kanak-kanak Penderaan Seksual (Suruhanjaya) held its first sitting at 10.00 'S pada Rabu 3 April 2013 di County Mahkamah Victoria, 250 William Street, Melbourne.
All Commissioners were present. Pengerusi, Hakim McClellan AM, provided information on the work of the Royal Commission including the future conduct of public and private hearings. Senior Counsel assisting also delivered an opening statement. There was no evidence taken at this first sitting.
- Kajian dakwaan penderaan seksual dan lain-lain dalam Pertahanan, dijalankan oleh DLA Piper, dan tindak balas kerajaan untuk laporan (Jawatankuasa Senat Komanwel).
- Siasatan pengendalian penderaan kanak-kanak oleh pertubuhan agama dan lain-lain (Victoria Parlimen).
- Penderaan Kanak-kanak Seksual Suruhanjaya Siasatan Khas (NSW Parlimen).