Living Well Men’s Group
For men who have experienced sexual abuse or assault
Details of the next group:
|Start dates:||13th February 2014|
|Cost:||FREE – Contributions welcomed|
|Time:||6:00 (for 6:15pm start) to 8:30 pm|
|light refreshments provided|
Living Well – Anglicare
144 brisbane Road, Booval – Ipswich
Parking is available
Topics to be covered include
- Building a safe, solid base for you in the present.
- Talking about and working through pressures men face following sexual abuse.
- Leaving behind unhelpful thoughts and behaviours: including dealing with feelings of anger, guilt and shame.
- Addressing the impact of silence and secrecy.
- Prioritising ways of looking after your self when talking with others.
- Putting aside self doubt in favour of increased understanding and self compassion.
- Building supportive connections.
- Developing respectful relationships.
How to join
The group is open to men over 18 years, who have experienced sexual abuse and or assault. Men wishing to join the group can call 07 3028 4648 or email to book a pre group conversation with a Living Well counsellor (available face to face or by telephone).
Download Mens Group Flyer [ 1.61 Mb] to print or distribute, or simply view it below.